Since I (Debra) have access to post on mom's blog, I figured I would take advantage of it and post some fun pictures from her birthday yesterday! Mom is 56 and such a cool lady! (Don't fret that I told you all her age because I promise you- it's not a secret. Her cell phone number ends in 2351, and she tells people that it's her birth day and year, so you all could have figured it out on your own, I know it!)
She said she got honked at on her way to work--- I think she was embarassed to have her car "tagged", but it was fun!Anyway- it was a fun day for her (we hope). She had to work and Janna and I talked the day before trying to figure out how to take a treat to her at work because I wasn't confident that people knew it was her birthday and we wouldn't want that to happen. So, Janna made mini cupcakes (in hopes that they were semi-dietic) and I frosted them and took them and some balloons into her work to share. And to my surprise, her office was totally decorated and there were birthday signs all over, so she obvioulsy wasn't forgotten, but we just added to the fun!
We then all met at mom's restaurant of choice for dinner... SIZZLER! Ruth Ann & Wendy even joined us and we had a great time!
The dinner group (minus Abby who is hiding and Deb who's taking the picture)

The 3 little grandkids having fun at dinner too!


Claire had to eat too- just not the salad bar that we were all enjoying!

Abby & Grandma!

Brenna being Brenna... nothing new, just cute!
The pretty flowers Ruth Ann brought mom! It's a beautiful fall arrangement!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She had several visitors last night including her visiting teachers, her friend Teresa, our neighbor Charlotte, and Luke Wilding even brought a birthday card a day early too.
We love our mom SO much and are grateful for the amazing person she is and the example she is to all of us! WE LOVE YOU MAMA CROOK!

6 comments:
Sounds like you had a fabulous day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT DIANE!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!
Happy Birthday Aunt Diane! I love being SO close to you and your family!!!!
What a fun day! Happy Belated Wishes!
Looks like it was a memorable day. Loved the car tagging!!! Belated Birthday Wishes (again) from us!!
Hi Diane my friend! Glad your birthday was happy. Hope your Thanksgiving was nice as well. Meg and girls are here with me for a few days and she is updating me on you, Debra, and the girls via your blogs. Love, Marva
So I was showing my dad (Jon Clark)your page and he wants to know: "is this your 65th or 70th birthday," lol!
Post a Comment