Monday, July 28, 2008

finding humor in the hole

Mama Crook is not only a funny lady, she's also pretty witty.
Leave it to her to find humor in her death trap of a hole in the front yard!



These are self explanitory:





Our contractor was here on Friday and I was in the house working when I heard the doorbell ring... so I go to the door and there he was asking a question, all I could see was his eye balls! (FYI- don't come to this house especially and expect answers to questions like "Do you have any 2" sprinkler pipe laying around?" We're GIRLS, and at least THIS GIRL (aka ME) doesn't know answers to that stuff! It's a good thing the contractor has a sense of humor!)

So then... the doorbell rings again and I went to the front door, again only to see the top of his head. This time I had to ask how he was reaching the doorbell and he chuckled and said he jumped, to which I responded with "Good job Air Jordan!" It's more than just a "jump", so I was impressed!

We still have no cement, just a hole.

The next update will be progress, not lame humor- I promise.

2 comments:

Donna Schauers said...

That is one big hole! I can't wait to see the finished project - hope the delays stop and progress starts!

Jodi Leishman said...

Oh, funny signs.... I'm laughing about your contractor jumping to ring the doorbell....so funny!